Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Catholic Guilt

There are many types of guilt, I never knew this until I found out about Catholic guilt. I am by no means a Catholic, my boyfriend is. The guilt that he goes through on a daily bases is a little overwhelming.

Example:
I surprise my BF with dinner from his favorite place. His reaction? Greatful but flooded with guilt because in his mind he is the provider and should be doing things for me. Not the other way around. 

Have any of you experience anything like this? As a Christain I feel guilt when I sin but it does not consume my every thought. I asked the BF what does he feel guilt about at this very moment and can rattled off 15 different things. (I will not ask that question again) 

There is a silver lining in all of this. I know this guy will never cheat on me, he would never be able to live with the guilt. Hey, with my past I will take that. 

I will end the blog saying this. Even though we are polar opposite, I can not be happier with the man God has given me. 


No comments: